At M. Wasley Chapman & Co. Chartered Accountants offer a wide range of accountancy services. Click a heading to find out more about each of the services we provide.
- Prepare accounts to assist in completion of self-assessment tax returns.
- Produce financial statements for filing at Companies House and abbreviated accounts to ensure the minimum amount of your financial information is made public.
- Take the stress and strain away by filing the above documents on your behalf using our online filing system.
- Audit accounts as and where required by the Companies Act 2006, or at the request of management.
Accounts and audits carried out to agreed timescales and deadlines.
- Individuals and sole traders
- Limited Companies
The self-assessment regime is full of penalties and HMRC enquiry powers are extensive. It's important that:
- Returns are correctly completed
- They are filed on time
- All backup records are retained for the appropriate period of time
As well as the completion of your return we can assist with...
- Advice on your tax liabilities
- Negotiating with the Collector if necessary
- Identifying suitable tax planning opportunities
- Completing all the necessary tax computations
- Dealing with all correspondence from HMRC, taking the worry away from you.
As members of the Sage Accountants Club we can provide discounts on Sage software.
We can help you choose the right package that is suitable for you.
We also offer expert advice to help you get the most of your Sage software from setting up the system to getting useful reports, with these reports you can use the information to help your business grow and be more profitable.
Up to date, relevant and quickly produced management information allows you to make the right decisions.
Our management accounts and information services include:
- Monthly or quarterly management accounts
- Help with in house systems for you to produce your own information
- Training on how to get the most out of your information
- Supplying management information to lenders
- Branch/Divisional results
- Actual performance compared to budget and/or comparative periods
- Costing information, including break-even turnover levels.
Compliance with VAT is complex. Investigations can be intense - all the more important that your VAT returns are completed correctly.
There are three methods we can use to assist in the completion of VAT returns...
- Let us do your book-keeping and we complete the return from there
- Give us your books and we'll complete the return for you; Provide training on how to complete you return.
- We complete VAT returns in good time to ensure you avoid any penalties
In addition we can assist with...
- Advice on the VAT schemes suitable to your business
- Attendance at VAT inspections
Let us take the strain away from you and let you get on with running and growing the business. Payroll is complicated and has to be done on time and you as the employer are responsible for the mistakes.
We run payrolls on time and can provide a tailor made service for your business including...
- Employee payslips
- Monthly summaries
- Departmental reports
- Dealing with leavers and starters
- Provision of analysis of staff costs
- PAYE returns for the Revenue
- Assistance with automated payment set-up to your employees
- CIS returns completed by us
You will never have to worry about calculating statutory sick pay or maternity pay and dealing with tax credits and student loan deductions ever again!
- Employer Annual Return P35
- Employee summary P60's and P14's
- P11D and P9D benefit and expenses returns
Starting a business can be very daunting. We are here to provide all the support necessary to help you get your business off to the start it deserves. So we give you hundreds of pounds worth of assistance free. We recognise that supporting you at the outset will mean you become an even better client for the firm.
We can also assist with the intital formations of Limited companies at a very competitive price.
Our staff are trained in dealing with a wide range of bookkeeping software, including cloud based software, and as such we have experience in dealing with various bookkeeping systems including:
- Sage line 50
- Sage 200
- Sage One
We can advise on the best solution for you and your business depending on the complexities of the transactions and the information you require to make decisions and to run your business effectively.